The cool summer tour with breathtaking view and endless downhill
500meters ↑ / 1200meters ↓
5-5,5h (riding time 3-3,5h)
- the endless downhill
- the cooler temperature of the high mountains
- the famous Lsithi Plateau and the windmills
- Dikti mountains
- the breathetaking view from above
- the traditional villages
- the cretan snack at Mochos village
- the olive forest of Avdou
This is a moderate one way mountain bike tour for mountain bikers, road cyclists and very active people that do an other sport frequently.
The tour starts from the famous Lasithi plateu and after an ascent of 300 meters we reach the highest point of the tour. From 1100 meters of altitude on the naked rocky mountains starts an endless magical downhill. The view is fantastic you can see the half of the island from North to South. Psiloritis the highest mountain of Crete, Asterousia mountains at the south, the olive groves and wine yards of mid Crete, Heraklion city and Dia island, the lake of Aposelemis and Hersonisos area. If the sky is clear you can see even Santorini island.
The downhill ends at Avdou traditional village where we do an extra easy uphill of 200 meters through an olive forest up to Mochos village. At the biggest piazza in Crete you will drink a fresh oranjge juice and taste some local home made meze.
The tour ends, with a last descent, at Potamies village where the mini bus waits for us.
Discount up to 15% for groups!
Included in the price
- mountain bike
- helmet & gloves
- platform or shimano spd pedals
- pick-up and drop-off service
- water bottle
- local guide
- coffee and snack stop
Secure payment with Anyguide!
- Included pick up and drop-off from Hotels at Hersonissos, Analipsi, Gouves.
- Minimum age is 16 years
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- All passenger hotel MUST be advised at time of booking
- Recommended for sportive people only
- It is recommend that you wear sport clothes, sport shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- The tours distance is 40Km and total uphill is 500 meters.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, pregnant women or other serious medical conditions
- Youth under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult